Just in case you’re not aware, our divisions are:
- alt.tickets (our ticketing platform)
- Rock City, Rescue Rooms, Stealth and The Bodega (our music venues in Nottingham)
- Splendour in Nottingham, Dot To Dot, Mirrors, Everywhere and Beat The Streets (our music festivals)
- Oslo Hackney, The Borderline, The Garage and Thousand Island (our music venues in London)
- Thekla (our music venue in Bristol)
- Women In Music (our event to address the gender imbalance in the music industry)
Below we have outlined the ways in which collect your information:
- When you buy a ticket
- If you sign up to one of our mailing lists via our website or on social media
- If you respond to a promotion or enter a competition
- If you use any of our websites
- When you log in to the WiFi at one of our venues
- If you contact us directly via email or on the telephone
- If you create an account on one of our websites
Please note that if you joined our mailing list by booking a ticket through alt.tickets, for any DHP Family promoted event or for one of our venues before 25th May 2018, we have a legitimate interest in continuing to send you marketing emails. We have conducted a legitimate interest assessment for this data. You’re able to opt out of these emails at any time by clicking the link on any of our emails or by contacting our data protection officer at email@example.com
|What information we collect||Why||How long do we keep this for?|
|Your Name (First & Last)||To send you your tickets, take payments and to give you a more personalised experience.||We’ll keep this for up to 8 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by booking a ticket, opening an email, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.|
|Payment Information (Bank card details & billing address)||This is passed on to a trusted third-party provider (Barclaycard) who will use it to process your payment. You can choose to save your details when creating an account with us so you don’t need to keep typing them in, but this information is encrypted to us and visible to you only.||If you decide to save your card details on your account these will remain on there for as long as your account is active, however you can delete these at any time.|
|Address||A key bit of info we need to send out your tickets! If you’ve opted in to our mailing list we’ll also use the post code you give us to send you information on gigs nearby to you.||To make your ticket buying experience easier, we’ll save your address on your account if you’ve booked tickets with us before. We’ll keep this for no longer than 8 years, at which point we’ll ask you to update your information and let us know you’re still happy for us to use this.If you’ve given us your address for a competition, we’ll use this to send you your prize and then delete the info.|
|Purchase history||This helps us to tailor our communication so we can send you the shows and events we think you’ll be most interested in.||We’ll keep this for as long as you’re on our database.|
|Email address||Your email address is used to send any necessary information for shows you have booked tickets for, for example, if there’s a cancellation or change in door time. If you have opted in to receive marketing emails from us then we’ll also use it to send you news and information about upcoming events or promotions. You can opt out of these emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom or by emailing or writing to us with your details.||We’ll keep this for up to 8 years after your last interaction with us. That interaction could be by booking a ticket, signing up to our mailing list or sending us an email.|
|Mobile number||To send you reminders about gigs that are about to go on sale (we’ll only do this if you have requested this information) or to send you information you need to know about the show. Please note we have to pass your mobile number on to a trusted external company who send out text messages on our behalf.||On sale and waiting list reminders sent via text are used one-time only unless you have opted in to receive further communication from us.|
|Date of birth||This is to help us get a better understanding of our audience and to send you information about the gigs we think you’ll like.By signing up to our mailing list or buying a ticket you’re confirming that you are over 13. If this is not the case, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your details removed. We also use your D.O.B to make sure we’re not sending you any promotions related to alcohol if you’re under 18.||As your D.O.B stays the same we’ll hold this information for as long as you’re opted in to our mailing lists (we’ll check in with you regularly to see that you still want to be on our database).|
|Musical interests||So we can send you information on events that are relevant to your interests.||We realise people’s interests change regularly, we’ll keep this information on file for 8 years, but you can update your preferences at any time by emailing DPO@dhpfamily.com with your name, email address and changes in preference.|
|ID scanners||If you head to Rock City you’ll notice that they occasionally scan your ID. This is done to prevent crime and disorder and for the protection of children from harm.We sometimes also use this data to send you free tickets on your birthday and other big events like Christmas and New Year’s Eve.||We store this data for no longer than 5 years years but if you would like us to remove you from the system we can at your request. Please email email@example.com to request this.|
|CCTV Images and audio recordings||To assist in keeping members of the public, visitors, employees and contractors safe whilst on our premises.To help reduce crime and disorder on DHP Family premisesTo improve crime detection and provide evidence in legal claims or prosecutions||DHP Family has several different CCTV systems in it premises which all have a recording function which records over existing data when the storage is full. These systems are set up to record data for a minimum of 31 days in normal circumstances. Data on the CCTV systems will be deleted after 3 months if not already over written by the normal function of the CCTV system. Copies may be made of CCTV recordings and kept for 3 years when part of legal proceedings or where we have reasonable grounds to expect the will form part of legal proceedings.|
|Accident Records||We have a legal duty to record accidents and accident records form part of the information gathered by DHP Family.We use accident anonymised data to monitor safety performance within DHP Family operations.||We keep these records for 8 years.We will remove personal information from records after 8 years. We will use anonymised data indefinitely or until it is no longer used in monitoring safety to the company.|
We work hard to deliver great concerts, festivals and clubnights, so from time to time we might also contact you for market research purposes to help us achieve this. We respect your privacy and will never share your information with third parties unless you give your consent. If you do consent to sharing your information, DHP / alt.tickets will pass on your First Name, Last Name, Email and Booking Information to trusted third-parties such as the promoter, venue or artist.
You have lots of rights in regard to your data.
- The right to request what personal information we have on file. You can request this by emailing DPO@dhpfamily.com, please note it takes a little while to pull this together but we’ll make sure we get it over to you no later than one month after requested.
- The right to make sure your information is correct and up to date. If you want to update any of your information, including your marketing preferences, you can email us and we’ll update this within a month.
- If you decide you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us you can opt out at any time by following the “Unsubscribe” procedure at the bottom of any DHP Family newsletter or by writing to us by mail or email (see the section “How to contact us” below). This process may take up to one month from receipt of the letter or email.
- If you decide our services are no longer for you and you would like us to delete data we hold on you then you can do that too, please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us.
- The right to ask us to move your data to another company in a safe and secure way.
The Wallis Building, Plumptre Place
Nottingham, NG1 1LW
2nd Floor, 16a Crane Grove
London, N7 8NN
Read our other DHP Privacy Policies below