Role: General Labourer – Handyman – Building Maintenance
Location: Nottingham – Rock City/Rescue Rooms/Stealth/Bodega
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Contract: Permanent – Full time
About DHP Family
DHP Family is one of the UK’s leading companies in the entertainment sector, with our main activities being Concert promotion, running clubs, operating venues and managing artists. Established in Nottingham more than 30 years ago, and now operating successfully nationwide we believe our mixture of big company capability and small company ethics makes us unique.
General Labourer Job Purpose
We are looking for a responsible, trustworthy and hardworking skilled labourer / handyman to work alongside an established professional and friendly team. The ideal applicant should have a FULL clean driving licence, at least 3 year’s work experience in the building industry and be confident working independently and as part of a team.
General Labourer Job Responsibilities
- Replacing lightbulbs
- General Maintenance
- Unblocking of drains / sinks / toilets / showers
- Repairing and replacing faulty door locks and toilet seats
- Paint and repairing damaged walls / ceiling and doors
- Repairing any worn or damaged plasterwork
- Cleaning graffiti from the venue
- Planned maintenance
- Ad hoc project work
- Ability to carry out safety checks as appropriate
- Maintaining accurate record logs for all maintenance requests, works and inspections.
- Carpentry / Joinery skills
- Plumbing experience and skills desirable but not essential
- Clean full UK drivers licence and insurance is desirable
- Basic Ms Office skills for e-mail / logs / reports / orders as appropriate
- Attention to detail and to take pride in your work
- Ability to prioritise and be organised
- Ability to think on your feet and be solution orientated with a ‘can do attitude’
- Ability to work on your own initiative
Joining the Family
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
We value all applications, however due to the volume of response we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience closely match the requirements of our clients.
Applying for the role
If you would like to be part of our exciting organisation and feel that you meet the above requirements, please apply with your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org