Location: Nottingham City Centre
Hours: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £19,000 per annum plus benefits
DHP Family is one of the UK’s most exciting and creative entertainment companies. We have been operating venues and organising concerts for over 40 years and have grown to become a leading name in the live music industry, with a deserved reputation for our innovative and creative approach to music production and promotion.
About the role
This role involves working with our venues in Nottingham, Bristol and London. You will assist the venues in making sure everyone has a fucking great time, safely.
Working with the Head of Risk Management and the Area Manager you will assist our ongoing improvements in compliance and service standards. The role is based at our Head Office in the Lace Market, Nottingham. 40 Hours per week, 5 shifts a week including night shifts. Flexible working is an option.
What you would be doing
- Collating evidence relating to insurance claims, maintaining insurance information and data for managers and third parties.
- Managing accident and incident reporting and administering data on the company’s online Health & Safety system.
- Arranging health surveillance and carrying out other Health & Safety tasks, such as assessments as directed.
- Carrying out venue audits – such as service and standards, licensing and Health & Safety.
- Undertaking all training administration – including logging and recording of training activities, organising courses / training events.
- Administering insurance claims and liaising with DHP managers and loss adjusters.
- Keeping and checking accident records on bcarm (DHP Online Health & Safety Portal) to ensure that they are complete and the information is correct.
- Administering data on the bcarm system – adding/removing employees, adding records and running reports for Head of Risk Management.
- Distributing insurance and compliance information to managers, including maintaining and administering compliance information sharing in SharePoint
- Providing administrative support to the Head of Risk Management and Head of HR.
- Keeping details up to date on the Flow system (DHP Elearning Platform).
- Working with our venues on improving safety systems.
- Investigating complaints.
Who we are looking for
- Someone with a knowledge of DHP venues and an interest in working in the night-time economy is essential (Rock City, Rescue Rooms, Stealth, Bodega in Nottingham, The Garage and Oslo in London and Thekla in Bristol).
- Experience either working in the night-time economy and/or health and safety operations is an advantage. Training as appropriate will be given for the role.
- A good level of English, maths and use of Office (Word, Powerpoint and Excel) is essential.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing) at all levels of the organisation.
- Pro-active and reliable.
- Able to work alone.
This is not a run of the mill 9-5 office role, there will be a requirement to work evenings and weekends. So the ideal candidate does need to be flexible. In return we do offer flexible working and as our business operates most days and nights an agreement where hours work for both parties can be arranged.
What we offer:
- Fantastic office space to work in, right in the centre of Nottingham’s Lace Market
- 20 days holiday per year rising each year with service, plus Christmas & New Year closure on top
- Flexible working policy
- Free guest list places to gigs within our venues
- Employee Discount Programme on drinks in our venues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Seasonal work events/parties funded by the company
If this sounds like the right fit for you, we’d love for you to get in touch! To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organisation is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.