Hours per week: 45
Starting Salary: £25-30k (experience dependent) plus benefits and bonus package
Starting: February 2022
We are looking for prospective Assistant Managers who are looking to be part of a team of vibe providers, an integral part of a team who deliver the best club nights and world class live events. Rock City delivers sell out club nights week after week with progressive production, an eclectic mix of DJs and quality drinks offerings. With a rich history spanning nearly 40 years, the venue has hosted acts such as Nirvana, Run- DMC, Rage Against the Machine, Daft Punk, Death Grips, Motorhead, Yungblud, Garbage, Queens of the Stoneage, Skunk Anansie, Placebo, Public Enemy and De La Soul,
If you have a passion for music and being part of running events, an excellent work ethic and a feverish desire to pursue a career in events, we’re here for it, and we’d love to hear from you. The role is not your ordinary nine-to-five, it will be a mixture of late nights and even later ones in a demanding industry, with long and unsociable hours. If you’re not a morning person and friends and family constantly describe you as a night owl, this job will fit you like a glove.
Along with a competitive wage and benefits, you would work alongside the General Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Duty management of the venue, including live events and club nights, safely and providing an excellent customer journey for all.
- You will be the DPS of the venue and continue to work closely with the local authorities upholding the relationship we have built up with them.
- Managing, training, and leading the venue team including any subcontractors
- Supporting the General Manager by operating the venue in line with DHP’s policies and procedures and whilst maintaining budgets.
- Liaising with bands, artists and tour managers to ensure that everyone has a great fucking time at our venue.
- Completing event settlements and P&L reports
- Reconciling tills
- Organising adequate, trained staff for all events ensuring that the company payroll is completed, and any subcontractors’ invoices are processed
- Recruitment and appraisals
- Completing and overseeing compliance forms and documents are adhered to ensuring that the venue had evidence of operating safely
- Weekly stock reporting, ordering and receiving deliveries
- Weekly line cleans
- Ensure that the venue is maintained to the highest standards
- Publicly representing the venue and Company in a professional manner
If you have the drive to be part of team who deliver top class live music and club events, then this is your chance to join our forward-thinking team. The role is open to those with experience in the industry looking for a step up on the ladder, as well as those already in a similar role, who are looking for a fresh challenge.
Please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com with the subject Assistant Manager Application and we look forward to receiving your application.
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.