Hours per week: 45+
Starting Salary: £27k plus benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager to join our fam at our landmark London venue located in the borough of Islington
With a rich history spanning nearly 30 years, the venue has hosted acts such as Skunk Anansie, Green Day, Cat Power, Honeyblood, Arctic Monkeys, The Joy Formidable, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Yonaka, Radiohead and Oasis. More recently, we’ve played host to Idles, Saint Agnes, Jack White, Ho99o9, Harry Styles, Yungblud, The 1975, Jax Jones and alt-J to just name a few.
We recently opened a sister-venue alongside The Garage, called The Grace, which is a 150-cap event space with a separate bar on the ground floor. Always looking to diversify our offering, we have an attractive multi-room event space for live, club and social events.
If you have a passion for music and being part of running events, an excellent work ethic and a feverish desire to pursue a career in events, we’re here for it, and we’d love to hear from you. The role is not your ordinary nine-to-five, it will be a mixture of late nights and even later ones in a demanding industry, with long and unsociable hours. If you’re not a morning person and friends and family constantly describe you as a night owl, this job will fit you like a glove.
Along with a competitive wage and benefits, you would work alongside the General Manager and Production Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Duty management of the venue, including gigs and club nights, safely and providing an excellent customer journey for all.
- Liaising with bands, artists and tour managers to ensure that everyone has a great fucking time at our venue.
- Repping externally and internally promoted live music events
- Liaising with in-house technicians to ensure they have a full understanding of each artists requirements prior to each event
- Managing, training, and leading the venue team including any subcontractors
- Supporting the General Manager by operating the venue inline with DHPs policies and procedures and whilst maintaining budgets.
- Completing event settlements and P&L reports
- Reconciling tills
- Organising adequate, trained staff for all events ensuring that the company payroll is completed, and any subcontractors’ invoices are processed
- Recruitment and appraisals
- Completing and overseeing compliance forms and documents are adhered to ensuring that the venue had evidence of operating safely
- Ensure that the venue is maintained to the highest standards
- Publicly representing the Venue and Company in a professional manner
If you have the drive to be part of team who deliver top class live music and club events, then this is your chance to join our forward-thinking team. The role is open to those with experience in the industry as well as those already in a similar role or are looking for a fresh challenge.
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Free guest list places to gigs within our venues
- 50% Employee Discount Programme on drinks in our venues
- Seasonal work events/parties funded by the company
- Commitment to your training & development
Please forward your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to receiving your application.
At DHP Family we strive to ensure that employee flexibility works both ways which relies on mutual trust. DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. We particularly encourage applications from those who identify as female, Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) and disabled candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the music industry and we’d like to reflect our local population more through our recruitment processes.