Are you outgoing, confident and motivated to play an important part in keeping the atmosphere on a night out friendly and respectful and to support people who may be vulnerable?
We are looking to train and provide Club Crew in our venues to improve our ability to look after our guests on a night out and to identify and support people who are vulnerable or at risk of unwanted attention. Working with a partner you will mingle with guests to spot trouble before it gets out of hand, take opportunities to promote positive behaviour, and help vulnerable guests in practical ways. While this is not a security role, you will liaise with staff and security to escalate issues if required.
As venue Club Crew you will work two/three shifts with a partner from 9/10pm – 2/3am each week on our busiest nights at either Rock City, Rescue rooms or Stealth usually on a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday night depending on what is on at the venues.
You will receive the following to prepare you for and support you in the role:
- 1.5 days professional training
- Club Crew uniform (t-shirt & hoodie)
- Club Crew kit
To succeed in this role you will need to be:
- In tune with the culture, interests and trends of our usual club and venue guests (typically 18-24 year olds).
- Socially confident able to chat and mingle with guests and assertive enough to encourage positive behaviour.
- Open-minded and non- judgemental with good listening skills so that you can support vulnerable or distressed guests or those who have over-consumed alcohol.
- Pro-active and able to work on your own initiative and with other staff in a busy club environment.
- Resilient enough to cope with verbal abuse and keep calm in challenging situations.
- Keen and happy to attend structured training.
Previous experience working in the night time economy or with the target age group would be an advantage.
To apply, please request an application form from: email@example.com
We positively welcome applications from candidates, no matter what their age, gender, ethnicity, or lifestyle.
This role is offered in collaboration with Drinkaware as part of their programme of work to reduce harm in the night-time economy. Drinkaware are a charity aimed at reducing alcohol related harm by helping people make better choices about their drinking.