LOCATION: Thekla, Bristol, BS1
HOURS OF WORK: Part time, zero-hour contract (flexible according to operational demands, evenings & late nights are essential)
RATE OF PAY: ranging from £8.86-£9.91 per hour depending upon age & length of service plus benefits
DHP Family are one of the UK’s most exciting and creative entertainment companies – a leading player in the music and night life entertainment sector. We have circa 300 employees across 7 sites in the UK, including our Head Office function in Nottingham. We have been operating venues and organising concerts for 30 years and since then our ever-growing family has expanded to also run its own ticketing, festivals and band management.
We believe our big company capability and small company ethics make us unique.
Thekla is a live music venue and nightclub on board a former cargo ship which has been moored in Bristol harbour for over 35 years. The venue has been part of DHP Family since 2006.
Are you outgoing, confident and motivated to play an important part in keeping the atmosphere on a night out friendly and respectful, and to support people who may be vulnerable?
We are looking to train and provide Club Welfare Crew in our venue to improve our ability to look after our guests on a night out, and to identify and support people who may be vulnerable. While on shift with a fellow crew member, you will mingle with guests, take opportunities to promote positive behaviour, and help guests in practical ways.
As Club Welfare Crew you will work alongside security, management and bar staff on our busiest nights (Thursday to Saturday with an occasional Wednesday). Please note that hours are nights only.
You will receive the following to prepare you for and support you in the role:
- 1 full-day dedicated training
- Drinkaware Crew uniform
- Drinkaware Crew kit
To succeed in this role you will need to be:
- In tune with the culture, interests and trends of our usual club and venue guests (typically 18-24 year olds).
- Socially confident, able to chat and mingle with guests and be assertive enough to encourage positive behaviour.
- Open-minded and non-judgemental, with good listening skills to support vulnerable or distressed guests, or those who have over-consumed alcohol.
- Pro-active and able to work on your own initiative and with other staff in a busy club environment.
- Resilient enough to cope with verbal abuse and keep calm in challenging situations.
- Keen and happy to attend structured training.
Previous experience working in the night-time economy or with the target age group would be an advantage.
In return we will offer:
- Team building and social events.
- Free/discounted entry to club and gig events
- 50% discount on drinks throughout all DHP Venues in UK
- Flexible working hours
- Developmental and promotional opportunities within a multi-site UK Company
- On-going support and a welcoming environment
To apply, please send your CV alongside a covering letter explaining why you’d be perfectly suited to the position to: email@example.com
We positively welcome applications from candidates, no matter what their age, gender, ethnicity, or lifestyle. We do however believe that the role will appeal to female applicants due to the sensitivities of the situations that they might encounter regarding sexual harassment within venues.