Job title: Concerts Assistant
Reporting to: Head Concert Assistant; Partnered to named Promoter/s
Location: Nottingham Head office, DHP Family, St Mary’s School, Nottingham, NG1 1LW
Main Purpose of Role
DHP Concerts is a leading and award winning UK live gig promoter which promotes and stages concerts in 3rd party, DHP operated venues and festival locations.
Ensuring accurate, error-free execution of tours & shows is critical to the continuing success of DHP Concerts. Concerts Assistants, through accurate and diligent project management, are responsible for delivering this. Partnering with promoters, they collaborate to deliver commercially successful tours & shows.
Roles & Responsibilities
Project plan & project manage the components of concert delivery including:
- Manage Venue “Avails”: On a show by show (tour) basis, obtaining venue availability, documenting this and presenting to Promoter partner and agent. Checking with concerts team for diary clashes. Regularly update, with the promoter, the “Promoters Avail Status”. Obtaining agents pencil and agreeing this with venue(s), and negotiating challenges where required.
- Complex Shows & Venues: Obtaining accurate and up to date Venue Seating Plans and Manifests (including holds, site and house kills etc).
- Obtaining Costings: Getting all and accurate venue costs, ensuring there are no gaps and negotiating these costs where they are perceived to be higher than expected (and referring and checking them to data on previous events). Obtain artist and marketing costings from agent & promoter.
- Show Confirmation & On Sale Plan: On receipt of Agents “Show Confirmation”, interpreting and converting this to a clear & accurate “On Sale Plan”, set up on SharePoint, including key sale & announcement dates. Ensuring all key partners are communicated via accurate distribution lists
- Contracts & Documentation: Receive, distribute and upload Venue Contracts, Artwork, Riders and Artist contracts. Ensure that all other Show set-up and updates are uploaded and updated on the DHP Concerts SharePoint system.
Ensure that any post confirmation variations, whether from promoter, agent, tour & DHP production are communicated, controlled, costed and uploaded. Interaction with ticketing, marketing, creative and production in managing shows throughout their life cycle.
Developing Venue Relationships and Knowledge
To develop good working relationships with venue management resulting in more successful challenge, more accurate venue information and, occasionally via negotiation, better venue deals. Show attendance is expected in order to develop relationships and get familiar with venues.
- Administrative and organizational support to Promoter Partners
- Maintaining and updating lists and data as required by Head Concerts Assistants (e.g. Distribution Lists)
- Manage DHP Venue Diaries when required to cover
- Occasionally representing a promoter and hosting an agent at a DHP show
- Such other roles that are required from time to time
- Answering incoming phone calls and fielding to relevant people
- Project Management
- Effective negotiation and influencing
- Detail driven and attention to detail / accuracy
- Calm under pressure
- Excellent prioritising and multi tasker
- Work well within a team and as an individual
- Excel basic knowledge an advantage
As a Company we are implementing a long-term flexible attitude to working. We feel it’s important to have a balance so you’ll be expected to work from our Nottingham city centre office a minimum of three days per week, but you can do two days from home if you’re looking for flexibility. We will provide you with all the tools needed for you to work from home.
Please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com and we look forward to receiving your application.
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.