LOCATION: Nottingham City Centre, Lace Market
HOURS: Monday to Friday 9-5pm (flex working offered – 2 days at home max)
DEADLINE: Applications close at 5pm on 14th May 2021
DHP Family is one of the UK’s most exciting and creative entertainment companies. We have been operating music venues and organising concerts for over 40 years and have grown to become a leading name in the live music industry, with a deserved reputation for our innovative and creative approach to music production and promotion.
DHP Family are currently looking for a Finance Manager to oversee the day-to-day running of the finance function reporting to the Group Finance Director. The position sits within a team of 7 within the finance department, with 4 junior reports. The role would be the main day-to-day contact for external departments.
As a Company we are implementing a long-term flexible attitude to working. We feel it’s important to have a balance, so you’ll be expected to work from our Nottingham city centre office a minimum of three days per week, but you can do two days from home if you’re looking for flexibility. We will provide you with all the tools needed for you to work from home.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Preparation of Management Accounts and monthly supporting schedules
• Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations
• Month end general ledger duties including Accruals, prepayments, fixed assets, stocks and journal postings.
• Support with the preparation of budgets (yearly) and forecasts (quarterly)
• Supporting the development and growth of junior team members with direct reporting for a team of 4
• Submission of quarterly VAT returns
• Working closely with other departments within the company, to offer a finance perspective and also ensure the finance team has all information required for reporting.
• Producing any other internal financial reports as and when required.
• Supporting Finance Director with external auditors
• Preparation of weekly cash flows updates
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA or finalist level
- Have a proven track record of working in a finance department
- Have some experience of directly or in-directly leading, supervising or managing others
- Have experience of most, but not all, of the duties outlined above
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at various levels
- Work well within a team and as an individual
- Intermediate level on excel (basics of VLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables, SUMIFS)
What we offer
- Fantastic office space to work within the Lace Market of Nottingham
- 25 days holiday per year, which includes Christmas closure where holiday is not required (29 days in total)
- Flexible working policy
- Study support if required
- Free guest list places to gigs within our venues.
- Cycle to work and childcare voucher scheme
- Seasonal work events/parties, which are funded by the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.
If this role excites you, and you are interested in developing a career with an award-winning industry leader, then please email your Covering Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.