JOB TITLE: General Manager of Stealth
DHP Family is one of the UK’s most exciting and creative entertainment companies. We have been operating venues and organising concerts for over 35 years and have grown to become a leading name in the live music industry, with a deserved reputation for our innovative and creative approach to music production and promotion.
Stealth is the musical mecca for dance fans in the midlands and is Nottingham’s number one club due to its forward thinking music policy, showcasing the newest and most exciting musical talent every week for the past 15 years. Stealth has never taken its finger off the pulse of the music scene, pushing underground House & Techno, along with Drum & Bass, Grime, Breakbeat, Hip-Hop and Electronica. One of the most popular nights of the week is the award winning ‘Stealth Vs Rescued’.
• To oversee ALL aspects of the venue including its operations, staff and procedures.
• To ensure the venue is operated in safe manner accordingly to the legal framework and internal procedures that are in place at any time.
• Overseeing the staffing operations to develop and maintain a profitable retail service.
• Overseeing the Production Manager advancing shows and co-ordinating production.
• Overseeing any Duty Managers that manage events
• Alongside the Stealth team liaising with and managing (where appropriate) DJ’s, TM’s and agents at live and club events.
• Managing the security contract with the provider to ensure the venue security operate to the venue policy, uphold the venue’s licensing conditions and comply with SIA requirements on the premises licence.
• Duty & shift management of the venue – key holder responsibilities.
• Liaising with DHP senior managers and promoters on a regular basis to share and learn best practice to ensure best product choices are selected for the venue and its events.
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, appraisal and development of all DHP staff in the venue.
• Responsible for the cost effective deployment of retail, front of house staff and managers in the venue.
• Responsible for conducting disciplinary proceedings with responsible staff in the venue according to DHP policy.
• Leading the operational management team to deliver the agreed objectives
• Creating rotas and briefings for managers & security
• Working with the DHP Family team to deliver a profitable operation
• Working with the Promotions manager to drive sales within the bars, through developing new promotions and championing existing promotions.
• Fulfil the DPS role for the venue and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
• Liaise with police & licensing authority. Ensure venue representation at Pubwatch meetings.
Health & Safety
• Responsible for overall Health & Safety monitoring and implementing of safe systems of work in the venue.
• Responsible for the creating and updating (as applicable) of the venue’s Risk Assessments and the cascading of information on controls measures to the relevant persons.
• Ensure venue operates to standardised company procedures, including accident reporting and investigation.
• Responsible for H&S monitoring & staff training where required (Assistant Managers and Bar Staff)
• Comply with and ensure that company financial procedures are kept to, including the Purchase Ordering system.
• Control venue costs to deliver venue KPI’s.
• Ensure production of accurate nightly P&L’s and reports and their distribution to relevant DHP managers
• Responsible for cash held in the venue. Work closely alongside Finance team to adopt best practice in cash handling (safety of cash and personnel and minimising amounts of cash held in the venue).
• Working with the finance team and senior management will forecast yearly budgets and strive with the help of your team to meet set targets.
• Present monthly review of the business
Venue Systems & Procedures
• Ensuring the venue operates according to its operating policies (such as the venue operating, security, health & safety policies).
• Responsible for venue stocks (including bar), their security and maintaining at their optimum levels.
• Developing and implementing systems and procedures to improve the performance of the venue.
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive DHP Family may not be able to reply to every application.
To apply, please send your cover letter and a CV to email@example.com