JOB TITLE: Venue Technician
DHP Family is one of the UK’s most exciting and creative entertainment companies. We have been operating venues and organising concerts for over 35 years and have grown to become a leading name in the live music industry, with a deserved reputation for our innovative and creative approach to music production and promotion. Stealth is the musical mecca for dance fans in the midlands and is Nottingham’s number one club due to its forward thinking music policy, showcasing the newest and most exciting musical talent every week for the past 15 years. Stealth has never taken its finger off the pulse of the music scene, pushing underground House & Techno, along with Drum & Bass, Grime, Breakbeat, Hip-Hop and Electronica. One of the most popular nights of the week is the award winning ‘Stealth Vs Rescued’.
To act as the main technical contact at the venue for all live and club events. Lead the venues technical team, aiming to achieve the highest industry leading production values that are expected from a DHP venue. Support the venues management team with technical knowledge and practical application of the sound and light equipment at the venue.
- To act as ‘in-house’ engineer (sound/lights/video)
- Oversea the technical aspects of each production from load in to load out including mixing sound, light ops and / or other technical DOS duties.
- To have a sound working knowledge of the venues sound and light equipment
- Manage the venues technical assets including all maintenance, upkeep and repair of sound and light equipment
- Recruit the venues technical staff ensuring the venue is well provisioned for all gigs and clubnights
- Develop a strong team of engineers through in house training and mentoring
- Run the venue technical team within strict budget constraints specified by the venue General Manager
- Keep the venues equipment and technical facilities and technical staff in compliance with DHP family’s Health and safety policies
- Support the venues management team in the advance planning of events and venue improvements
- Work with the venue management team to specify, purchase and oversea installation and use of updated and / or new sound and light equipment
- Act as main point of contact for all technical enquiries regarding the venues facilities and the building
- Any other technical duties as required by your line manager
- A knowledge of and interest in of all types of dance music, and an idea of the specific requirements and differences between the artists and customers of each genre
- An interest in coming up with new ideas and solutions regarding visuals, sound and lighting – to ensure we keep on pushing boundaries to help Stealth stay ahead of the trends
- A knowledge of what other clubs/events/festivals/artists are doing in regards to sound, lighting and visuals
- An interest in learning to use the equipment and software we have, to improve the sound, lighting and visuals that we project during our events
Key Working Relationships
- Venue technical staff
- Venue Management teams
- Venue Promoter
- Production Managers
- Venue Staff
- Central Office staff
- Visiting Artists And Crew
- 3rd Party Promoters
- Tour Managers
- Suppliers and Contractors
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Please note that due to the number of applications we receive DHP Family may not be able to reply to every application.
To apply, please send your cover letter and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org