Hours: Full time (includes weekend and late night hours)
Salary: £27,000 per annum
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head Sound & Light Engineer to join our teams at the infamous Rescue Rooms and Stealth music venues in Nottingham!
Rescue Rooms is a live music venue, club space and late-night bar, located next door to the infamous Rock City in central Nottingham, hosting hundreds of live shows a year and fun events every night of the week. Previous guests include Inhaler, Little Simz, The Chats, Wolf Alice, Sports Team, Turnover, Two Door Cinema Club, Squid, The Orielles; all alongside legendary club nights like Stealth vs. Rescued and bar events like Acoustic Rooms and our renowned Quiz & Karaoke.
Stealth is a Nightclub based in Nottingham which for the past 17 years has relentlessly showcased the very best in forward thinking music. We have welcomed many of the world’s biggest DJs/artists to the club; and in addition to our regular club shows we have also hosted larger parties at venues such as Rock City as well as outdoor festivals in Wollaton Park. Since opening in 2004 Stealth has welcomed some of the biggest artists in the world to our stage & DJ booth – including Andy C, Annie Mac, Bicep, Big Narstie, Bonobo, Camelphat, Denis Sulta, DJ EZ, Diplo, Disclosure, Ed Sheeran, Fatboy Slim, Fisher, Four Tet, Jamie Jones, Jamie XX, Justice, Kurupt FM, Mall Grab, Michael Bibi, MK, Nina Kraviz, Patrick Topping, Peggy Gou, Pete Tong, Seth Troxler, Shy FX, Skepta, Skream, Skrillex, Solardo, Sonny Fodera, Tinie Tempah, Todd Terje & thousands more.
If you have a passion for live music and previous technical experience, then we’d love to hear from you. Along with a competitive wage and benefits, you would work alongside the The Central Production Manager and line manage the technical teams at both venues.
To act as the main technical contact at both venues for all live and club events. Lead both venues technical teams, aiming to achieve the highest industry leading production values that are expected from a DHP Family venue. Support both venues management teams with technical knowledge and the practical application of the sound light and video equipment at both venues.
– To act as ‘in-house’ engineer (sound/lights/video)
– Oversea the technical aspects of each production from load in to load out including mixing sound, light ops and / or other technical DOS duties.
– To have a sound working knowledge of both venues sound and light equipment
– Manage both venues technical assets including all maintenance, upkeep and repair of sound and light equipment
– Recruit and manage technical staff ensuring both venues are well provisioned for all gigs and club nights
– Develop a strong team of engineers through in house training and mentoring
– Run both venues technical teams within strict budget constraints specified by the venues General Managers
– Keep both venues equipment, technical facilities and technical staff in compliance with DHP family’s Health and safety policies (training will be provided)
– Support both venues management teams in the advance planning of events and venue improvements
– Work with both venues management team to specify, purchase and oversea installation and use of updated and / or new sound and light equipment
– Act as main point of contact for all technical enquiries regarding both venues facilities
– Any other technical duties as required
– Represent DHP Family to the highest possible standards
Please forward your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to receiving your application.
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.