Job Title: Promotions Manager: Oslo
Location: Hackney, London
Reports to: Senior Promotions Manager
Hours: 45 HOURS PER WEEK – typically 3 office days & 2 event nights.
Salary: £35k +bonus
About DHP Family
DHP Family is one of the UK’s leading companies in the entertainment sector, with our main activities being Concert promotion, running clubs, operating venues and managing artists. Established in Nottingham more than 30 years ago, and now operating successfully nationwide we believe our mixture of big company capability and small company ethics makes us unique.
Are you a nightlife marketing and events expert with a passion for music and hospitality? Our legendary Hackney bar, venue and club is seeking a dynamic and creative Promotions Manager to join our team.
As the Promotions Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing our bar and venue marketing, live marketing, in-house club brands and social media platforms, creating amazing experiences and engaging content to generate buzz around Oslo, ensuring we remain the go-to destination for unforgettable nights out in East London.
- Develop and implement innovative social media strategies to drive interest, bookings, and a thriving online community for Oslo.
- Create captivating content for our social media accounts that keeps our followers engaged and eager to experience the excitement.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and features on social media platforms, leveraging them to maximize our reach and impact.
- Manage the marketing for internally-promoted live events at the venue, including physical and digital.
- Liaise with external show promoters to offer a best-in-class venue marketing facility.
- Collaborate with the design team to produce visually stunning and on-brand graphics for social media posts and promotional materials.
- Monitor social media analytics and generate reports to track the effectiveness of our campaigns.
- Produce and implement long-term events and marketing strategies.
- Ensure our event listings are relevant, accurate, engaging, and up-to-date.
- Build up and manage effective data capture online and at events.
- Source cross-promotional opportunities with halls of residences, student societies, local companies, shops, and bars. Arrange discounts and guestlists where applicable.
- Contribute to the branding and identity of Oslo, ensuring our venue stands out and remains relevant to our target audience.
- Keep a close eye on competitors and identify opportunities for differentiation and competitive advantage.
- Recruit and maintain a reliable and motivated promotional team (street teams, ticket sellers, etc.).
- Maintain and manage the supply of print stock for all events.
- Foster positive relationships with media outlets and travel bloggers to secure favourable coverage.
- Work alongside the London Promoter and Programming team.
- Attend weekly promotion meetings with the Senior Promotions Manager.
- Manage and develop internal club brands within the venue, striking the right balance between artistic, social, and commercial priorities.
- Manage events and ensure that the highest level of customer experience is achieved.
- Oversee the scheduling and implementation of the seasonal club themes for all internal club nights.
- Create and maintain relationships with DJs, artists and freelancers, becoming their first point of contact at the venue and maintaining regular communication.
- Understand and contribute to each individual event P&L ensuring that it meets forecast.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in event management, marketing, content creation and/or the music and hospitality industries is essential.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize, plan and stick to deadlines.
- Honest and straight talking with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lateral thinker, problem solver and able to manage risk effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram and TikTok and other social media platforms, including best practices for content creation, engagement, and growth.
- Strong creative flair and the ability to think outside the box when it comes to branding and event concepts.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Passion for the nightlife and hospitality industry, music, and the ability to connect with our target audience.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours and the availability to work nights and weekends.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while also being a team player.
Join us at Oslo and be part of an energetic and innovative team that pushes boundaries in the East London nightlife and music scene. This is a unique opportunity to unleash your creative talents and shape unforgettable experiences.
Joining the Family
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
What we offer:
- Guestlist to DHP events and festivals.
- 50% discount at DHP venues.
- Annual bonus structure.
- Regular team socials, including the DHP Awards & Christmas Party.
- Access to Wagestream, the financial wellbeing platform built by charities.
- Pension plan.
- Opportunities for further training.
How to Apply
We value applications, however due to the volume of response we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates whose skills and experience closely match the requirements of our clients.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 29th October 2023.
We look forward to hearing from you!