Hours per week: 16-24
Hourly rate: £10.50 p/h
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Promotions Assistant to join the events and marketing team at the famous boat Thekla.
Thekla is a live music venue and nightclub, located on Bristol’s picturesque harbourside near landmarks such as Queen Square, Arnolfini and M-Shed, hosting hundreds of live shows a year and several club events every week. Previous guests include Thundercat, Little Simz, Arlo Parks, Pete Doherty, Anne Marie, Santigold, Bring Me The Horizon, Ian Dury, Steve Lamacq, Kojey Radical; all alongside legendary club nights like Pressure and Pop Confessional.
If you have a passion for music and parties, are immersed in Bristol’s live music scene and nightclub landscape, and a feverish desire to pursue a career in events, we’re here for it, and we’d love to hear from you. The role is currently part-time with an emphasis on flexibility, and of course there is potential for the right candidate to progress in the future, with career progression encouraged and catered for.
Along with a competitive wage and benefits, you would work alongside the Promotions Coordinator and Promotions Manager and be responsible for the following (including but not limited to):
- Assisting with the social media management for the venue and internal events.
- Deliver live show announcements across social media, website listings and ticketing.
- Support with the stock management of all flyers, posters and physical marketing collateral for all events and promotions at the venue.
- Develop and maintain a database of local grassroots musicians, assisting with support act booking across Bristol, where appropriate.
- Support the development regular, ongoing brands to ensure they are up to date with current trends on a regular basis.
- Help ensure our event listings are relevant, accurate, engaging and up to date.
If you have the drive to help support the events programme and marketing at Thekla, then this is your chance to join our forward-thinking team. The role is open to those looking for their first step on the ladder in the music industry, or those who are looking for a fresh challenge.
Please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com and we look forward to receiving your application.
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.