Job Title: Promotions Manager, Thekla
Location: Thekla, The Grove, East Mud Dock, Bristol BS1 4RB
Reports to: Senior Promotions Manager
Hours: 45 HOURS PER WEEK – typically 3 office days & 2 event nights.
Salary: £35k +bonus
Originally converted in 1982 by legendary Vivian Stanshill and operated by DHP Family since 2006, it has a long history of entertaining Bristol with everything from theatre, cabaret, live music and DJs as well as acting as a canvas for elusive artist, Banksy. Thekla has won numerous awards including a regional ‘Best Small Venue 2013’ award from NME magazine with a further nomination for the 2014 national ‘Best Small Venue’ crown. Its most recent accolade was at the Live UK Music Business Awards, where the team picked up the coveted ‘Best Teamwork’ gong for a venue with a capacity below 800. The venue hosts an exciting array of club events alongside its roster of live music – keeping the crew and passengers well and truly shipshape and Bristol fashion.
Are you a nightlife marketing and events expert with a passion for music? Our world-famous ship venue Thekla is seeking a dynamic and creative Promotions Manager to join our team as we grow our promotions departments across the business.
As the Promotions Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing our venue marketing, live marketing, in-house club brands and social media platforms. You will create amazing experiences and engaging content to generate buzz around our legendary venue, ensuring that Thekla remains the go-to destination for unforgettable nights out in Bristol.
- Develop and implement innovative social media strategies to drive interest, bookings, and a thriving online community for Thekla.
- Create captivating content for our social media accounts that keeps our followers engaged and eager to experience the excitement.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and features on social media platforms, leveraging them to maximize our reach and impact.
- Manage the marketing for internally-promoted live events at the venue, including physical and digital.
- Liaise with external show promoters to offer a best-in-class venue marketing facility.
- Collaborate with the design team to produce visually stunning and on-brand graphics for social media posts and promotional materials.
- Monitor social media analytics and generate reports to track the effectiveness of our campaigns.
- Produce and implement long-term events and marketing strategies.
- Ensure our event listings are relevant, accurate, engaging, and up-to-date.
- Build up and manage effective data capture online and at events.
- Source cross-promotional opportunities with halls of residences, student societies, local companies, shops, and bars. Arrange discounts and guestlists where applicable.
- Contribute to the branding and identity of Thekla, ensuring our venue stands out and remains relevant to our target audience.
- Recruit and maintain a reliable and motivated promotional team (street teams, ticket sellers, etc.) and manage the Live Marketing & Content Coordinator, while working alongside the Club Events Manager.
- Maintain and manage the supply of print stock for all events.
- Attend weekly promotion meetings with the Senior Promotions Manager.
- Manage and develop internal club brands within the venue, striking the right balance between artistic, social, and commercial priorities.
- Manage events and ensure that the highest level of customer experience is achieved.
- Oversee the scheduling and implementation of the seasonal club themes for all internal club nights.
- Create and maintain relationships with DJs, artists and freelancers, becoming their first point of contact at the venue and maintaining regular communication.
- Understand and contribute to each individual event P&L ensuring that it meets forecast.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in event management, marketing, content creation and/or the music industry is preferable but not essential.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize, plan and stick to deadlines.
- Honest and straight talking with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Lateral thinker, problem solver and able to manage risk effectively.
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram and TikTok and other social media platforms, including best practices for content creation, engagement, and growth.
- Strong creative flair and the ability to think outside the box when it comes to branding and event concepts.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Passion for the nightlife industry, music, and the ability to connect with our target audience.
- Flexibility with regards to working hours and the availability to work nights and weekends.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while also being a team player.
Joining the Family
As a Company, we are implementing a long-term flexible attitude to working. We feel it’s important to have a balance therefore you will be expected to work from our Nottingham City Centre Head office as well as from home.
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organization is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or religious beliefs.
What we offer:
- Guestlist to DHP events and festivals.
- Annual bonus structure.
- Regular team socials, including the DHP Awards & Christmas Party.
- Access to Wagestream, the financial wellbeing platform built by charities.
- Pension plan.
- Opportunities for further training.
How to Apply
Join us on board Thekla and be part of an energetic and innovative team that pushes boundaries in the Bristol nightlife and music scene. This is a unique opportunity to unleash your creative talents and shape unforgettable experiences.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday 3rd September 2023.
We look forward to hearing from you!