JOB TITLE: Venue Assistant Manager
To ensure the venue is operating at a safe and excellent level of service through management of venue staff and compliance procedures, and to ensure the venue is operating at a profit through monitoring of controllable costs on a nightly basis. To ensure all venue staff are meeting the requirements set out for their particular job and equally ensure the venue’s payroll and development procedures are meeting the requirements as an employer.
To provide support to the Senior General Manager through duty shift management and any other duty as reasonably requested.
- Payroll, Recruitment & Development
- Responsible for assisting and aiding Deputy General Manager in inputting, checking and updating staff Payroll information and wages on the company’s Fourth platform
- Assisting in Co-ordinating staff holiday requests
- Ensuring all staff files are fully completed and all required documentation has been provided and correctly completed
- Responsible for assisting in the recruitment, training, appraisal and development of venue staff (retail, reception, cloakroom, cleaners, maintenance)
- Assisting in devising rota’s for retail staff
- Ensuring regular staff training takes place to aid with staff development, current legislative requirements are met and stock control policies are adhered to
- Stock Control
- Assisting in ensuring weekly stock takes and monthly stock audits are conducted and any concerns or discrepancies are investigated and communicated through internal reporting processes
- Ensuring nightly line checks are conducted on key product lines, or lines where problems have been identified
- Ensuring staff training has been carried out and all staff are adhering to correct pouring standards
- Ensuring all products available to purchase at the premises are on the EPOS system and accessible by retail staff
- Ensuring all delivery notes are accurate and entered onto the Zonal system on day of delivery for Head Office to reconcile
- Duty & Shift Management of the Venue
- Responsible for ensuring the venue is safe for staff and customers and completion of venue checklists and monitoring during opening hours.
- Responsible for delegated DPS role for the venue when the duty managing (DPS not present) and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
- Briefing bar staff and security
- Managing all venue staff’s performance at the event (including prep and end of night), including providing feedback to staff and relevant manager where required and taking any disciplinary actions where necessary.
- Ensuring the restaurant service is meeting standards and expectations as set out by the Senior General Manager
- Dealing with bands and tour managers
- Performing settlements
- Cashing up tills
- Creating P&L’s and distributing internally
- Alarming and securing both venues
Venue Systems & Procedures
- Liaising with Security on show days and club nights
- Assist the Senior General Manager in the venue operation, including staffing or systems as directed by the manager
- Covering the work of other Assistant Managers during their absence (holidays, illness etc) as directed by the Senior General Manager
- Comply with and ensure that company financial procedures are kept to, including the Payroll system
- Maintenance of venue accounts sheets: P&L, costs
- Perform safe checks and provide assistance to venue cashier through investigation of any discrepancies in venue cash management
- Responsible for production, completion and verification of venue compliance documentation (bar refusal sheets, bar hygiene checklists, club checks, closing club checks, toilet check sheets, housekeeping records, accident reports)
- Responsible for the completion of the venue’s weekly filing system
- Updating and monitoring the company’s accident management system
Key Working Relationships
Oslo Venue Management and other AGM’s
DHP Family Promoters
Event Staff (including tech, security, bar)
Visiting bands, DJ’s and artistes
3rd party promoters
Suppliers and contractors
Security company & staff
To apply, please request an application form from: firstname.lastname@example.org
We positively welcome applications from candidates, no matter what their age, gender, ethnicity, or lifestyle.