General Manager – Stealth, Nottingham
Reports To: Venues Area Manager
Responsible For: Management, Venue Staff, Security
Salary: £32k per annum plus benefits
Full time, Permanent
DHP Family is one of the UK’s most exciting and creative entertainment companies. We have been operating venues and organising concerts for over 30 years and have grown to become a leading name in the live music industry, with a deserved reputation for our innovative and creative approach to music production and promotion.
We have over 10 years’ experience in producing, promoting and managing all aspects of major indoor and outdoor festivals, national tours and standalone shows across the UK, along with owning and managing 8 venues.
Stealth is one of our venues and is a Nightclub based in Nottingham city centre which for the past 17 years has relentlessly showcased the very best in forward thinking music. We have welcomed many of the world’s biggest DJs/artists to the club; and in addition to our regular club shows we have also hosted larger parties at venues such as Rock City as well as outdoor festivals in Wollaton Park.
Since opening in 2004 Stealth has welcomed some of the biggest artists in the world to our stage & DJ booth – including Andy C, Annie Mac, Bicep, Big Narstie, Bonobo, Camelphat, Denis Sulta, DJ EZ, Diplo, Disclosure, Ed Sheeran, Fatboy Slim, Fisher, Four Tet, Jamie Jones, Jamie XX, Justice, Kurupt FM, Mall Grab, Michael Bibi, MK, Nina Kraviz, Patrick Topping, Peggy Gou, Pete Tong, Seth Troxler, Shy FX, Skepta, Skream, Skrillex, Solardo, Sonny Fodera, Tinie Tempah, Todd Terje & thousands more.If you have a passion for delivering high quality vibes through great music, refreshments and parties, we’re here for it, and we’d love to hear from you.
Along with a competitive wage and benefits, you would work alongside the Promotions & Rescue Rooms Venue team to be responsible for the following:
Overall Job Purpose
• To ensure the venue is operating safely and delivering an excellent level of service through management of venue staff and compliance procedures.
• To ensure the venue is operating at a profit through monitoring of controllable costs on a nightly basis.
• To take charge of the venue’s internal production department, ensuring every event is properly set up and the duty management team have what they need to succeed.
• To motivate and inspire the next generation of DHP Family managers.
• Overseeing the staffing operations to develop and maintain a profitable retail service.
• Overseeing the Production Manager advancing shows and co-ordinating production.
• Overseeing any Duty Managers that manage events
• With Assistant Managers, liaising with and managing (where appropriate) artists, bands, DJ’s, Tour Managers, and agents at live and club events.
• Managing the security contract with the provider to ensure the venue security operate to the venue policy, uphold the venue’s licensing conditions and comply with SIA requirements on the premises licence.
• Duty & shift management of the venue – key holder responsibilities.
• Liaising with DHP senior managers and promoters on a regular basis to share and learn best practice to ensure best product choices are selected for the venue and its events.
• Responsible for the recruitment, training, appraisal and development of all DHP Family staff in the venue.
• Responsible for the cost-effective deployment of retail, front of house staff and managers in the venue.
• Responsible for conducting any disciplinary proceedings with responsible staff in the venue according to DHP policy.
• Leading the operational management team to deliver the agreed objectives
• Creating rotas and briefings for managers & security
• Working with the venue’s Procurement Manager to ensure the venue is delivering a profitable operation
• Working with the Promotions Manager to drive sales within the bars, through developing new promotions and championing existing promotions.
• Fulfil the DPS role for the venue and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
• Liaise with police & licensing authority. Ensure venue representation at Pubwatch meetings.
Health & Safety:
• Responsible for overall Health & Safety monitoring and implementing of safe systems of work in the venue.
• Responsible for the creating and updating (as applicable) of the venue’s Risk Assessments and the cascading of information on controls measures to the relevant persons.
• Ensure venue operates to standardised company procedures, including accident reporting and investigation.
• Responsible for Health & Safety monitoring & staff training where required (Assistant Managers and Bar Staff)
• Comply with and ensure that company financial procedures are kept to, including the Purchase Ordering system.
• Control venue costs to deliver venue KPI’s.
• Ensure production of accurate nightly P&L’s and reports and their distribution to relevant DHP managers
• Responsible for cash held in the venue. Work closely alongside the Finance team to adopt best practice in cash handling (safety of cash and personnel and minimising amounts of cash held in the venue).
• Working with the Finance team and senior management to forecast yearly budgets and strive with the help of your team to meet set targets.
• Present monthly review of the business
Venue Systems & Procedures:
• Ensuring the venue operates according to its operating policies (such as the venue operating, security, health & safety policies).
• Responsible for venue stocks (including bar), their security and maintaining at their optimum levels.
• Developing and implementing systems and procedures to improve the performance of the venue.
What we offer:
• 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
• Excellent bonus scheme
• Free guest list places to gigs within our venues
• 50% Employee Discount Programme on drinks in our venues
• Cycle to work scheme
• Seasonal work events/parties funded by the company
• Commitment to your training & development
If you are interested in developing your career with us, then please email your Covering Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
DHP Family is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the Organisation is treated equally, and we welcome applications from candidates no matter their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.