Job Title: General Manager
Location: Stealth, Nottingham
Reports to: Venues Area Manager
Hours: 45 hours per week
Newly refurbished, Best Bar None Award winner for Best Club; Stealth is looking a General Manager who is passionate about all forms of dance music, as well as a keen interest in nightlife. For over 18 years Stealth has relentlessly showcased the very best in forward thinking music. Part of DHP Family’s Nottingham venues (Rock City, Rescue Rooms and Bodega), Stealth has welcomed many of the world’s biggest DJs/artists to the club; and in addition to our regular club shows we have also hosted larger parties at venues such as Rock City as well as outdoor festivals in Wollaton Park.
Previous/forthcoming guests at Stealth include Andy C, Annie Mac, Bicep, Big Narstie, Bonobo, Bru-C, Camelphat, Carl Craig, Craig Charles, Danny Howard, David Guetta, Denis Sulta, DJ EZ, DJ Fresh, Diplo, Disclosure, Ed Sheeran, Ewan McVicar, Fatboy Slim, Fisher, Flava D, Folamour, Four Tet, General Levy, Gerd Janson, Gilles Peterson, Gorgon City, HAA, Hannah Wants, Hunee, Jamie Jones, Jamie XX, Jax Jones, Justice, Kaytranada, KiNK, Kurupt FM, Lily Allen, LTJ Bukem, Mall Grab, Maribou State, Monki, Michael Bibi, Mistajam, MK, Nastia, Nina Kraviz, Patrick Topping, PAWSA, Peggy Gou, Pendulum, Pete Tong, Sam Divine, Sarah Story, Seth Troxler, Shy FX, Skepta, Skream, Skrillex, Solardo, Sonny Fodera, Sub Focus, Tinie Tempah, Todd Terje, Wilkinson & hundreds more.
- To ensure the venue is operating safely and delivering an excellent level of service through management of venue staff and compliance procedures.
- To ensure the venue is operating at a profit through monitoring of controllable costs on a nightly basis.
- To take charge of the venue’s internal production department, ensuring every event is properly set up and the duty management team have what they need to succeed.
- To motivate and inspire the next generation of DHP managers.
Working alongside the Promotions & Rescue Rooms Venue team you will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing the staffing operations to develop and maintain a profitable retail service.
- Overseeing the Production Manager advancing shows and co-ordinating production.
- Overseeing any Duty Managers that manage events
- With assistant managers, liaising with and managing (where appropriate) artists, bands, DJ’s, TM’s and agents at live and club events.
- Managing the security contract with the provider to ensure the venue security operate to the venue policy, uphold the venue’s licensing conditions and comply with SIA requirements on the premises licence.
- Duty & shift management of the venue – key holder responsibilities.
- Liaising with DHP senior managers and promoters on a regular basis to share and learn best practice to ensure best product choices are selected for the venue and its events.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, appraisal and development of all DHP staff in the venue.
- Responsible for the cost-effective deployment of retail, front of house staff and managers in the venue.
- Responsible for conducting disciplinary proceedings with responsible staff in the venue according to DHP policy.
- Leading the operational management team to deliver the agreed objectives
- Creating rotas and briefings for managers & security
- Working with the venue’s Procurement Manager to ensure the venue is delivering a profitable operation
- Working with the Promotions manager to drive sales within the bars, through developing new promotions and championing existing promotions.
- Fulfil the DPS role for the venue and ensure that the venue is operating according to Licensing laws and conditions of the venue license.
- Liaise with police & licensing authority. Ensure venue representation at Pubwatch meetings.
Health & Safety:
- Responsible for overall Health & Safety monitoring and implementing of safe systems of work in the venue.
- Responsible for the creating and updating (as applicable) of the venue’s Risk Assessments and the cascading of information on controls measures to the relevant persons.
- Ensure venue operates to standardised company procedures, including accident reporting and investigation.
- Responsible for H&S monitoring & staff training where required (Assistant Managers and Bar Staff)
- Comply with and ensure that company financial procedures are kept to, including the Purchase Ordering system.
- Control venue costs to deliver venue KPI’s.
- Ensure production of accurate nightly P&L’s and reports and their distribution to relevant DHP managers
- Responsible for cash held in the venue. Work closely alongside Finance team to adopt best practice in cash handling (safety of cash and personnel and minimising amounts of cash held in the venue).
- Working with the finance team and senior management will forecast yearly budgets and strive with the help of your team to meet set targets.
- Present monthly review of the business
Venue Systems & Procedures:
- Ensuring the venue operates according to its operating policies (such as the venue operating, security, health & safety policies).
- Responsible for venue stocks (including bar), their security and maintaining at their optimum levels.
- Developing and implementing systems and procedures to improve the performance of the venue.
- Attention to detail
- Good people skills
- Exceptional motivational skills
- Ability to prioritise, plan, and work to strict deadlines
- Ability to manage others confidently and professionally
Please be advised that this post requires a mixture of evening (including late night), weekend shifts and daytime.
Joining the Family
At DHP Family we strive to ensure that employee flexibility works both ways which relies on mutual trust.
As an equal opportunities employer, DHP Family is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join DHP Family. We particularly encourage applications from women, Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic (BAME) and disabled candidates, as these groups are underrepresented throughout the music industry.
What we offer:
- Excellent performance related bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Free guest list to DHP gigs, events, and venues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Seasonal work events/parties funded by the company
- 50% Employee discount programme on drinks in our venues
How to Apply
If you would like to be part of our exciting organisation and feel that you meet the above requirements, we would love to hear from you! Please send your CV, Covering Letter and salary expectations to email@example.com